RE: Reichweite

in Politik 16.08.2019 15:23
von nahal | 24.451 Beiträge

Jetzt hat Frau Talib festgestellt, Großmutter hin oder her, ohne die Propaganda -Show lohnt die Reise nicht.

nach oben springen

in Politik 16.08.2019 15:31
von Willie (gelöscht)

Zitat von nahal im Beitrag #10525
Frau Talib schrieb gestern:

""I would like to request admittance to Israel in order to visit my relatives, and specifically my grandmother, who is in her 90s and lives in Beit Ur al-Fouqa," Tlaib wrote in the letter, which became public on Friday morning.

"This could be my last opportunity to see her," the Congresswoman added. "I will respect any restrictions and will not promote boycotts against Israel during my visit."

https://www.jpost.com/American-Politics/...o-Israel-598812

Jetzt darf sie.

Die Verrenkungen von hilflosen Kleingeistern in der Bibi Administration. Der politische Schaden ist laengst angerichtet -und wird durch die Verrenkungen immer groesser.

zuletzt bearbeitet 16.08.2019 15:57 | nach oben springen

in Politik 16.08.2019 15:55
von Willie (gelöscht)

Following a day of widespread criticism from its friends, Israel decides to allow Tlaib to visit on ‘humanitarian grounds’

As Emma Green noted in The Atlantic: “Ultimately, Israel’s ban on Tlaib and Omar will exacerbate the already widening divide between Israel and its strongest historical ally: American Jews.” And Yair Rosenberg at Tablet predicts that “genuine supporters of Israel will be dealing with the fallout for some time to come.”

FLASHBACK — During his landmark 2015 address to Congress, Netanyahu declared, “The remarkable alliance between Israel and the United States has always been above politics, it must always remain above politics.”

THE REACTION — The condemnation of the Israeli decision was swift and resounding on Thursday, though some minority voices spoke out in support. House Speaker Nancy Pelosi (D-CA) called it a “sad reversal” from the initial decision, “deeply disappointing,” and “a sign of weakness.” House Majority Leader Steny Hoyer (D-MD), who just returned from Israel as head of a 41-member Democratic delegation, said he urged Netanyahu on Wednesday not to make such an “unwarranted and self-destructive” decision. He also lamented that Dermer’s original “assurances to me” were “not true.”

Mainstream Jewish organizations, including AIPAC, were critical of the move. The Jewish Federations of North America said “every member of Congress, without exception, should be allowed to visit Israel.” The American Jewish Committee, noting the group’s itinerary, said “that [Tlaib and Omar] were not coming to hear from various points of view,” but ultimately “Israel did not choose wisely by reversing its original decision.” The Anti-Defamation League called the move “counterproductive,” the Simon Wiesenthal Center said Israel’s initial instinct to allow the visit was “the right one,” and the Union for Reform Judaism President Rick Jacobs said he feared the action will “reverberate for years both in undermining Israeli democracy and in making Israel a ‘wedge issue’ in American politics.” ...

... Shalom Lipner, a veteran of 26 years in the prime minister’s office, tells JI that “it’s all but definite that Trump was the deus in the machina here” since Netanyahu’s initial decision to allow them entry was supported by all professional parties to the discussion. WIth the reversal of that decision, “Israel has played into the hands of those charging that it has something to hide, and also given oxygen to a media circus.”

... Dan Arbell, a 25-year veteran of the Israeli Foreign Service and a nonresident senior fellow at the Brookings Institution, suggested in an email to JI that “it was Trump’s pressure that led Netanyahu to make this decision.” Arbell called it “a regretful step, a dangerous intersection of American and Israeli politics, which undermines bipartisan U.S support for Israel.” ...

Times of Israel editor-in-chief David Horovitz said Israel’s move “smacks of a loss of will by our leadership, a loss of self-confidence,” and the Times’ Bari Weiss wrote that Netanyahu had “bowed before a tweet.” Bloomberg‘s Eli Lake writes that if the cost of Trump’s support for Israel “is an expectation for partisan obeisance, then how much are those policies really worth?”

https://jewishinsider.com/2019/08/follow...tarian-grounds/

zuletzt bearbeitet 16.08.2019 15:57 | nach oben springen

in Politik 16.08.2019 16:05
von Willie (gelöscht)

Israel’s Massive Self-Own
Trump’s racism and Netanyahu’s dependency have driven a bulldozer through the bipartisan consensus.
https://www.theatlantic.com/ideas/archiv...0MLSHqp9ux0z92s

Ilhan Omar Is Already Changing Washington
Banned by Israel and demonized by Trump, she's been fighting business as usual in Congress's hidebound foreign-policy club.
https://newrepublic.com/article/154788/i...y-establishment

Trump Has Enabled Israel’s Antidemocratic Tendencies at Every Turn
The president tweeted that Israel should ban Representatives Rashida Tlaib and Ilhan Omar from entering the country. Now Israel has barred the women from visiting.

...But in the past few years, the Israeli government has had a new ally encouraging and enabling its antidemocratic instincts: President Donald Trump. At every turn, the tight alliance between the Trump administration and the Netanyahu government has facilitated Israel’s drift to the right, further widening the gap between Israel and many of its Jewish allies in the United States. ...

... In the past few years, Israel has turned away a Columbia University professor, leaders in the Presbyterian Church (U.S.A.), and an American student. It has also detained Israel critics such as the Atlantic contributor Peter Beinart for extensive questioning, even though Beinart self-identifies as a Zionist. ...

... Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu has all but abandoned Israel’s traditional stance of bipartisan diplomacy in the U.S., aligning himself with Trump on nearly every issue. ...

... Trump has exacerbated a growing divide within the American Jewish community, drawing support from a vocal minority that supports both his administration’s policies and Netanyahu’s government. But American Jews voted against Trump in greater numbers than any other U.S. religious group in 2016, according to Pew Research Center, and have been on the front lines of protest against his administration.
As Israel’s politics become more right-wing and its government doubles down on its alliance with a deeply unpopular American president, the complicated divide between Israel and American Jews has widened, leaving the country ever more isolated as it feverishly works to keep out its critics.
https://www.theatlantic.com/politics/arc...r-tlaib/596167/

zuletzt bearbeitet 16.08.2019 16:18 | nach oben springen

in Politik 16.08.2019 20:18
von Willie (gelöscht)

Mr. Prime Minister, you taught Minnesotans a lesson on Israel they won’t forget
... This is our front line.
We will speak to over 500 audiences about Israel this year. Most of our fellow Minnesotans know very little about Israel. Now, thanks to the decision to bar Reps. Omar and Tlaib, they will all know one thing about Israel, and it’s not a good thing.

Reps. Omar and Tlaib are polarizing and controversial figures. Their animus toward Israel is well known. Nonetheless, barring duly elected lawmakers from visiting an ally will not sit well with fair-minded Minnesotans, and probably many others.

Last year, when Israel’s Nation State Law was passed, I likened it to a runaway marlin that once dragged my husband and kids into dangerous waters. Barring Omar and Tlaib is like the runaway marlin on steroids. There will be no end to its damage.
To those in the Israeli government that drove this decision — against the wise counsel of your own ambassador to the United States, Ron Dermer — I have a few questions:
*Is this the frame for the conversation you want us to be having with people who are interested enough to invite us in?
*Is this the damage you want us to spend our precious time undoing?
*Why can’t a nation as strong as Israel, which thrives in one of the most dangerous regions in the world, survive a visit by two strident critics for a couple of days?

We realize that Israel was faced with two lousy choices: to let them in, knowing their goals were likely to paint Israel in the worst possible light, or keep them out and suffer the criticisms which have befallen Israel from the left, center, and right.
But, as my JCRC colleagues wrote,”[h]ad Congresswomen Omar and Tlaib been allowed to visit, the onus would have been on them to either experience Israel in all of its complexity, including its robust ideological, ethnic, and religious diversity, or simply seek out experiences which reinforced their negative preconceptions.”

By keeping them out, Israel has served up a PR grand slam that the Congresswomen and their ideological allies will hit out of the park, again and again. A partial reversal of the ban, allowing Tlaib to visit her grandmother in the West Bank (she declined), will not mitigate Israel’s self-inflicted wound.

This issue will be the elephant in the classroom, church, and civic group for a long time to come.
You just taught our fellow Minnesotans (and others) a lesson that, try as we might, we may never be able to unteach.

We know that Israel has nothing to hide, but today that feels like a very tough sell.
https://blogs.timesofisrael.com/mr-prime...ey-wont-forget/

zuletzt bearbeitet 16.08.2019 20:36 | nach oben springen

in Politik 16.08.2019 20:22
von Willie (gelöscht)

We blame Trump for anti-Semitism, not the Democratic congresswomen
As the Israeli government bans US congresswomen Ilhan Omar and Rashida Tlaib from entering the country under pressure from the Trump administration, we are reminded once again how the current American president will shamelessly use Israel as a wedge issue to divide Jews and bolster his base. This president gives lip service to supporting Israel while in practice he has created a cultural atmosphere that spurns the very hate, bigotry, and racial-ethnic violence that threatens Jews. As American-Israeli Jews, and as heads of Democrats Abroad in Israel, we affirm that when it comes to Israel and Jews, this president does not speak for us....

... Trump is using Israel and the Jews for nothing more than his own political gain, weaponizing support for Israel in order to fan hatred and fear – the destructive energies that fuel his victory.
We are not fooled, and we are glad that most of our landsmen and landswomen are not either. Thankfully, most American Jews can see through the charade. According to Gallup, 71% of Jewish respondents disapprove of the president. In 2018, only 16% of American Jews identified as Republicans. In the 2018 midterms, 79% of American Jewish voters supported Democratic candidates. ..
https://blogs.timesofisrael.com/we-blame...-congresswomen/

Lohnt sich auch in Gaenze zu lesen.

zuletzt bearbeitet 16.08.2019 20:37 | nach oben springen

in Politik 16.08.2019 20:32
von Willie (gelöscht)

Four Lessons From Israel’s Clash With Tlaib and Omar
The best way for Israel to strengthen its hand is not by waging war to the utmost against its opponents, but by maximizing the number and range of its friends.
https://www.theatlantic.com/ideas/archiv...e-squad/596290/

Es lohnt sich, dies in Gaenze zu lesem.

zuletzt bearbeitet 16.08.2019 20:40 | nach oben springen

in Politik 16.08.2019 20:40
von Willie (gelöscht)

Refusing to Be Humiliated, Rashida Tlaib Rejects Israel's Restrictive Conditions on Visiting Palestine
"What Israel proposed to Rashida Tlaib was their age-old proposition: you can stay in your homeland as a humanitarian exception—without political rights—and on condition you surrender and cease to resist."

According to The Washington Post, "Tlaib said she had decided not to travel to Israel under conditions that would have included a pledge in writing not to 'promote boycotts against Israel' while there," an unacceptable provision for the Michigan Democrat.

In a statement announcing her decision, Tlaib was defiant.
"I am a duly elected United States Congresswoman," Tlaib said, "and I will not allow the Israeli government to humiliate me and my family."
https://www.commondreams.org/news/2019/0...g?cd-origin=rss

Auch das lohnt sich in Gaenze zu lesen.

nach oben springen

in Politik 16.08.2019 20:57
von Willie (gelöscht)

Tea Pain@TeaPainUSA
Trump singles out two Muslim lawmakers for their criticism of Israeli policy while his followers chant "Jews will not replace us!" in our streets.
7:21 AM - 16 Aug 2019

Patrick S. Tomlinson@stealthygeek
And his concentration camp guards run Jews over with trucks. Don't forget that part.
7:26 AM - 16 Aug 2019

Und zumindest eine der Damen sitzt am Finanzkommitee, das unter anderem auch alljaehrlich ueber die Milliardengeschenke vom amerikanischen Steuerzahler an Israel -derzeit Netanyahoo's Saftladen- entscheidet.

zuletzt bearbeitet 16.08.2019 22:36 | nach oben springen

in Politik 16.08.2019 22:40
von Willie (gelöscht)

Sanders Says If Israel Wants to Ban Members of Congress, It Should Not Receive Billions in US Military Aid
"The idea that a member of the United States Congress cannot visit a nation which, by the way, we support to the tune of billions and billions of dollars is clearly an outrage."

... "I wish I could tell you...that I am shocked. I am not," Sanders, a 2020 Democratic presidential candidate, said of President Donald Trump's support for Israel's decision. "We have a president who, tragically, is a racist, is a xenophobe, and who is a religious bigot." ...

"And if Israel doesn't want members of the United States Congress to visit their country to get a firsthand look at what's going on—and I've been there many, many times—but if he doesn't want members to visit, maybe [Netanyahu] can respectfully decline the billions of dollars that we give to Israel," Sanders added. ...

Speaking to the Council on Foreign Relations last month, Sanders said, if elected president in 2020, he would "be willing to bring real pressure to bear on both sides, including conditioning military aid, to create consequences for moves that undermine the chances for peace."
https://www.commondreams.org/news/2019/0...ive-billions-us

nach oben springen

in Politik 16.08.2019 23:21
von Willie (gelöscht)

POLITICO Playbook PM: Scoop: Miftah wasn’t a problem when other congressmen went to ‘Palestine’ with them
https://www.politico.com/newsletters/pla...ith-them-470084

nach oben springen

in Politik 17.08.2019 09:57
von Maga-neu | 35.163 Beiträge
nach oben springen

in Politik 17.08.2019 10:05
von Maga-neu | 35.163 Beiträge

https://www.n-tv.de/politik/Israel-Tweet...mzmayA_stVWwRtA

Die Antisemiten kriechen aus ihren Dreckslöchern - und werden von unseren GEZ-Zwangsgebühren gemästet. Und gehen selbstverständlich mit einer Luxuspension, für die ein Durchschnittsarbeitnehmer 350 Jahre arbeiten müssten, in Rente.

nach oben springen

in Politik 17.08.2019 10:49
von Willie (gelöscht)

Imani Gandy@AngryBlackLady
It is not anti-Semitic to criticize Israel.

It is not anti-Semitic to support BDS.

It is not anti-Semitic to speak out against Israeli apartheid.

It is absurd to claim that Reps. Omar and Tlaib hate Jewish people.

Y’all’s President is a disgrace.

8:53 AM - 15 Aug 2019

Imani Gandy@AngryBlackLady
also, before you start calling me anti-semitic or start trying to explain Judaism to me, I’m Jewish.

So shut it.

8:55 AM - 15 Aug 2019

nach oben springen

in Politik 17.08.2019 16:37
von Willie (gelöscht)

Matthew Dowd@matthewjdowd
80% of white evangelicals support President Trump and Israeli’s leadership policies; 80% of American Jews oppose President Trump and Netanyahu.
I think American Jews might have a better read on what the definition of anti-Semitic is and is not.
4:49 PM - 16 Aug 2019

nach oben springen

in Politik 17.08.2019 19:21
von Willie (gelöscht)

ICE OFFICER WHO DROVE HIS TRUCK INTO ROW OF JEWISH PROTESTERS RESIGNS
The resignation comes a day after the police and the state attorney general’s office began investigating the incident.

...On Thursday night, Fox Business personality Lou Dobbs accused the protesters of “assault” and said the driver was “within his rights” to drive into the row of protesters. He was interviewing former ICE acting director Tom Homan. ...

https://www.jpost.com/Diaspora/ICE-offic...-resigns-598889

nach oben springen

in Politik 17.08.2019 20:00
von Willie (gelöscht)

Jews Protested to Warn of American Fascism Rising. How Come Nobody Else Cared?
When America’s Jews are Warning It’s Happening Here, All Over Again…Maybe the Rest of Us Had Better Start Listening
https://eand.co/jews-protested-to-warn-o...ed-ef953c0df6da

nach oben springen

in Politik 21.08.2019 16:01
von Willie (gelöscht)

Just Hours After Anti-Semitic Remarks, Trump Self-Promotes Himself as 'King of Israel... Second Coming of God'
"The President is a raving lunatic," responded Florida Democrat Andrew Gillum. "He is not well."

https://www.commondreams.org/news/2019/0...g-israel-second

https://scontent-ort2-1.xx.fbcdn.net/v/t...6b5&oe=5DD4CCB7

zuletzt bearbeitet 21.08.2019 16:18 | nach oben springen

in Politik 21.08.2019 18:34
von Willie (gelöscht)
nach oben springen

in Politik 04.09.2019 23:06
von Willie (gelöscht)

How the Right Has Tried to Rebrand Anti-Semitism
https://www.nybooks.com/daily/2019/09/04...-anti-semitism/

Das lesen lohnt sich. Fuer manche.

zuletzt bearbeitet 04.09.2019 23:08 | nach oben springen

in Politik 05.09.2019 22:04
von Rico (gelöscht)

Sollten Antisemiten höhere Steuerfreibeträge bekommen?

zuletzt bearbeitet 05.09.2019 22:04 | nach oben springen

in Politik 11.09.2019 15:40
von Landegaard | 21.051 Beiträge

Zitat von Maga-neu im Beitrag #10538
https://www.n-tv.de/politik/Israel-Tweet-von-ARD-Chefredakteur-kritisiert-article21212513.html?fbclid=IwAR3zA_Pd8vypsPYOgnViLsUCO3kwwVhwNXyPpET8z9_emzmayA_stVWwRtA

Die Antisemiten kriechen aus ihren Dreckslöchern - und werden von unseren GEZ-Zwangsgebühren gemästet. Und gehen selbstverständlich mit einer Luxuspension, für die ein Durchschnittsarbeitnehmer 350 Jahre arbeiten müssten, in Rente.

Antisemit, wegen des Tweets von ihm?

nach oben springen

in Politik 12.09.2019 15:00
von Willie (gelöscht)

Israel accused of planting mysterious spy devices near the White House
The likely Israeli spying efforts were uncovered during the Trump presidency, several former top U.S. officials said.

The U.S. government concluded within the last two years that Israel was most likely behind the placement of cell-phone surveillance devices that were found near the White House and other sensitive locations around Washington, D.C., according to three former senior U.S. officials with knowledge of the matter.

But unlike most other occasions when flagrant incidents of foreign spying have been discovered on American soil, the Trump administration did not rebuke the Israeli government, and there were no consequences for Israel’s behavior, one of the former officials said.
https://www.politico.com/story/2019/09/1...devices-1491351

nach oben springen

in Politik 12.09.2019 15:11
von Willie (gelöscht)

The Netanyahu Show Is Finally Fizzling Out
A rocket attack. John Bolton is fired. A surveillance law fails. Sheldon Adelson calls his wife “crazy.” And next week could be even worse.
https://www.bloomberg.com/opinion/articl...ly-fizzling-out

nach oben springen

in Politik 15.09.2019 19:48
von Willie (gelöscht)

Embattled Israeli PM fights for survival in do-over election
A visibly frantic Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu is in the fight of his political life as the country heads to national elections for the second time this year.

With Netanyahu locked in a razor tight race and facing the likelihood of criminal corruption charges, a decisive victory in Tuesday’s vote may be the only thing to keep him out of the courtroom. A repeat of the deadlock in April’s election, or a victory by challenger Benny Gantz, could spell the end of the career of the man who has led the country for the past decade.

Netanyahu’s daily campaign stunts have helped him set the national agenda — a tactic the media-savvy Israeli leader has perfected throughout his three decades in national politics. But it may well be the things he can’t control — including a former political ally turned rival and Palestinian militants in the Gaza Strip — that bring him down.

Throughout the abbreviated campaign, Netanyahu has seemed to create new headlines at will. One day he is jetting off for meetings with world leaders. The next, he claims to unveil a previously undisclosed Iranian nuclear site. Then he vows to annex parts of the occupied West Bank. Nearly every day, he issues unfounded warnings about the country’s Arab minority “stealing” the election, drawing accusations of incitement and racism. ...

... Echoing Trump, Netanyahu routinely lashes out at the media, the judiciary, prosecutors and other alleged foes. But it has been his attacks on Israel’s Arab minority that have caused the most controversy. Netanyahu has long targeted Israeli Arabs to rally his working-class, nationalist base — implying that they are a fifth column threatening the county.
In the current campaign, he has taken these tactics to a new level. He sparked uproar by leading a failed effort to allow activists to film voters at polling stations, claiming without evidence that they were needed to prevent fraud in Arab districts.
That was followed by a message on his Facebook page calling on voters to prevent the establishment of a government that includes “Arabs who want to destroy us all.” ...

The stakes are especially high for Netanyahu. Israel’s attorney general has recommended that Netanyahu be indicted in three corruption cases, pending a hearing scheduled in October.
Although Netanyahu denies all charges, it is widely believed that he hopes to be able to form a narrow coalition of hard-line and religious parties willing to grant him immunity from prosecution.
If he falls short, he could find himself in the opposition or forced into a partnership with centrist rivals who have no interest in protecting him from prosecutors.
“He has no limits, because his only goal today is to avoid going to trial,” said Stav Shaffir, a candidate with the leftist Democratic Union party. “He’s afraid. But the thing is his fear is now used to threaten Israeli democracy. He’s tearing apart Israeli society,” she said. ...
https://apnews.com/406222b9f6f5440f85b9cac2a2294a25

Wer landet zuerst im Knast, trumski oder Bibi?

zuletzt bearbeitet 15.09.2019 19:49 | nach oben springen

Besucher

Wir begrüßen unser neuestes Mitglied: Corto
Besucherzähler
Heute waren 1236 Gäste und 6 Mitglieder online.

Forum Statistiken
Das Forum hat 1450 Themen und 323549 Beiträge.

Heute waren 6 Mitglieder Online:
Indo_HS, Landegaard, Leto_II., Maga-neu, mbockstette, nahal

Xobor Einfach ein eigenes Forum erstellen