RE: Trump

in Redakteure/Politiker/Parteien 30.06.2019 19:49
von Willie (gelöscht)

Jim Sciutto@jimsciutto
While you were sleeping, President Trump:
- Repeated that Putin “totally denies” election interference
- Demanded renegotiation of US-Japan defense treaty
- Falsely claimed no one blames Saudi Crown Prince for Khashoggi murder despite CIA assessment
- Threw a lifeline to Huawei

3:10 AM - 29 Jun 2019

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/D-OdlPVXUAA4RSR.jpg

zuletzt bearbeitet 30.06.2019 19:49 | nach oben springen

in Redakteure/Politiker/Parteien 30.06.2019 22:53
von Willie (gelöscht)

Megan Rapinoe Is On to Him, and Trump Can’t Stand It
In his rambling screed against the soccer star, the president revealed a lot about his worldview.

... Put aside the fact that a sitting president has resorted to taunting an athlete who has done nothing but represent this country admirably. In somehow taking offense at Rapinoe’s comments, Trump doesn’t just show his thin skin. He also shows his utter lack of self-awareness of how he sounds to—and what he and his administration have done to—women, LGBTQ people, African Americans, and other groups. The problem is that Trump’s comments about Rapinoe weren’t shocking. This is ordinary behavior for Trump—tearing down members of marginalized communities and then feigning outrage when some in those communities decide to strike back. ....

... In just a few rambling comments this week about women’s soccer, the NBA, black unemployment, and the flag, Trump exposed his own narrow worldview once more—and vindicated Rapinoe’s comments about not going to the White House. Nobody wants to be around a president who thinks not everyone is deserving of basic humanity. Trump’s calling Rapinoe unpatriotic shows he doesn’t understand what patriotism really is. True patriots love a country even when that country doesn’t always love them back.
https://www.theatlantic.com/ideas/archiv...t-trump/592888/

zuletzt bearbeitet 30.06.2019 22:54 | nach oben springen

in Redakteure/Politiker/Parteien 01.07.2019 00:41
von Willie (gelöscht)

'Being someone’s daughter' not a 'qualification': Ocasio-Cortez slams Ivanka Trump's diplomatic role
Rep. Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez sharply criticized Ivanka Trump's suitability as a U.S. diplomatic representative at last week's G-20 summit in Osaka, Japan, saying on social media that simply being the president's daughter does not make her qualified for the role.

"It may be shocking to some, but being someone’s daughter actually isn’t a career qualification," the freshman Democratic congresswoman from New York said in a tweet on Saturday night.

"It hurts our diplomatic standing when the President phones it in & the world moves on. The US needs our President working the G20. Bringing a qualified diplomat couldn’t hurt either," she added.

Ocasio-Cortez's post included a link to a tweet featuring a viral video clip – which has more than 9 million views – of President Donald Trump's oldest daughter, and White House adviser, participating in a conversation with French President Emmanuel Macron, British Prime Minister Theresa May, Canadian Prime Minister Justin Trudeau and the director of the International Monetary Fund's director, Christine Lagarde.

Many Twitter users characterized the attempts by the president's daughters to join the conversation as embarrassing. A number of commentators noted an apparent eye roll from Lagarde as Ivanka Trump spoke.

Edward Luce, a columnist for the Financial Times, wrote that Ivanka Trump "inserting herself into an awkward circle of world leaders" will be the "abiding image" of the G-20 summit. He noted the "varying expressions of tortured politeness" displayed by the European political figures as Ivanka Trump spoke, and said that "Lagarde, in particular, was unable to conceal her irritation."

"America’s self-named 'First Daughter' is rarely out of the frame at global summits. Other Trump officials are almost invisible compared with Ms Trump, and her husband, Jared Kushner, the only two White House players who are thought to be immune from Mr Trump’s trademark phrase: 'You’re fired," Luce wrote.
https://www.freep.com/story/news/politic...8O_7da83Cwaz-3g

nach oben springen

in Redakteure/Politiker/Parteien 01.07.2019 00:43
von Willie (gelöscht)

Elizabeth C. McLaughlin@ECMcLaughlin
Just imagine being Angela Merkel or Christine LaGarde, having worked your whole life on the most complex geopolitical issues of the day, being forced to wince and smile as Ivanka Trump thinks she's got something to say to you re: same.

I can't imagine how they stay polite.

7:34 AM - 30 Jun 2019

nach oben springen

in Redakteure/Politiker/Parteien 01.07.2019 00:45
von Willie (gelöscht)

Lis Power@LisPower1
Tucker Carlson justifies KJU's murderous regime: "You've got to be honest about what it means to lead a country, it means killing people.
A lot of countries commit atrocities, including our allies."

Carlson adds, 'it's silly and stupid to point out KJU is 'so mean''
6:19 AM - 30 Jun 2019

nach oben springen

in Redakteure/Politiker/Parteien 01.07.2019 05:33
von Hans Bergman | 23.327 Beiträge

Der Mann ist sowas von peinlich.
Die Türkei sei schon für den Angriff „in Stellung“ gewesen, als er bei Erdogan interveniert habe. „Er war drauf und dran, die Kurden auszulöschen“, sagte Trump. „Ich sagte, das kannst du nicht machen, und er hat es nicht gemacht.“

nach oben springen

in Redakteure/Politiker/Parteien 01.07.2019 08:03
von Maga-neu | 35.189 Beiträge

Das progressive Geheule über Trump wird hier wohl noch eine Weile so weitergehen. Wahrscheinlich bis 2025.

zuletzt bearbeitet 01.07.2019 08:03 | nach oben springen

in Redakteure/Politiker/Parteien 01.07.2019 15:09
von Willie (gelöscht)

Washington taxpayers bear the burden as Trump’s ego infiltrates national Fourth of July celebration
The District of Columbia's time-honored Independence Day traditions are being squeezed to the side for the sake of the president's unquenchable thirst for self-aggrandizement.

Washington, D.C.’s Fourth of July celebrations have played out roughly the same way for decades.
This year, though, the longstanding security, logistics, and crowd management practices on the National Mall are being recrafted in the image of President Donald Trump. The nation’s birthday party won’t be a first-come first-serve egalitarian gawp in 2019. It’ll have tiered, ticketed entry, some form of militaristic performance art, and a speech by the divisive and twitchy current occupant of the country’s highest political office. ...

Though Trump has branded the politicized, militarized version of the national fireworks display as a “Salute to America,” the way he talks about the plans indicates its about gratifying his own ego.
https://thinkprogress.org/washington-tax...h-b0a123bc53c5/

nach oben springen

in Redakteure/Politiker/Parteien 01.07.2019 15:17
von Willie (gelöscht)

Feminism Begins at Home, Ivanka Trump
The first daughter’s agenda hasn’t produced much for women, but it’s been a boon for her family brand.

On the very same week that her father faced at least his 16th accusation of sexual assault, the president’s daughter took the stage at the G-20 to speak on “women’s empowerment.”

Days after E. Jean Carroll wrote about Donald raping her, and he responded by saying she was “not my type,” there was Ivanka again shopping her nebulous “women’s empowerment initiative.”

... This weekend, in Osaka, Japan, Ivanka declared that “we must continue to prioritize women's economic empowerment and place it at the very heart of the G20 agenda." It was her usual shtick: too much gesticulation, overly articulated words strung together to sound impressive but ringing hollow.

She wore a light pink Valentino dress that cost more than a semester of community college and reminded me of Princess Amidala from Star Wars as she delivered unobjectionable pabulum: "This is a legacy worth fighting for and a future we can be proud to leave to our children." Speaking of children, I feel comfortable as someone who has benefitted from nepotism saying that being someone daughter doesn’t in itself make a person qualified to do anything—yet it is Ivanka’s only qualification for her sprawling yet ill-defined job as a “senior adviser” in this White House.

Her father’s admiration has been notoriously uninterested in “women’s empowerment,” with its war on reproductive health and support for the global gag rule. ...

Ivanka also described her momentary foray into North Korea’s demilitarized zone as “surreal.” Perhaps not as surreal as having a former fashion designer and her husband negotiate American foreign policy with the fashion designer’s father, the president of the United States.

Ivanka is a cipher, so in a sense she is the perfect vessel for the women’s empowerment agenda of an administration run by whim that has no agenda for or for that matter interest in empowering women. It is an administration, though, that knows something about economic growth—when it comes to the Trump brand.

As Christopher R. Hill, a former U.S. ambassador to South Korea and other nations, put it: “It says to our allies, to everyone we do business with, that the only people who matter are Trump and his family members.”
https://www.thedailybeast.com/feminism-b...me-ivanka-trump

nach oben springen

in Redakteure/Politiker/Parteien 01.07.2019 15:28
von nahal | 24.504 Beiträge

Historischer Tag an der NY-Börse;
In einer halben Stunde wird ein ALL TIME HIIGH festzustellen sein.

Halt eine Spätfolge der genialen Wirtschaftspolitik Obamas,

zuletzt bearbeitet 01.07.2019 15:29 | nach oben springen

in Redakteure/Politiker/Parteien 01.07.2019 18:20
von Willie (gelöscht)

AP-NORC Poll: Trump not boosted by strong American economy
The solid economy is doing little to bolster support for President Donald Trump.

Americans give Trump mixed reviews for his economic stewardship despite the growth achieved during this presidency, according to a new survey by The Associated Press-NORC Center for Public Affairs Research.

Nearly two-thirds describe as “good” an economy that appears to have set a record for the longest expansion in U.S. history, with decade-long growth that began under Barack Obama. More people consider the economy to be good today than did at the start of the year.

But significantly fewer approve of Trump’s handling of the economy, even as it remains a relative strength compared with other issues. The survey indicates that most Americans do not believe they’re personally benefiting from his trade policies. And only 17% said they received a tax cut, despite government and private sector figures showing that a clear majority of taxpayers owed less after the president’s tax overhaul passed in 2017.

Nearly half of Americans, 47%, approve of Trump’s handling of the economy, but his overall approval rating — 38% — is low compared with what past presidents have enjoyed in strong economic conditions. Only about 4 in 10 Americans approve of his handling of taxes and trade negotiations.

The public skepticism has persisted even as the president routinely congratulates himself on the economy, including the 3.6% unemployment rate and stock market gains.
https://apnews.com/a5523454096a4c2b9e8406251ee8c2a2

nach oben springen

in Redakteure/Politiker/Parteien 01.07.2019 18:33
von Willie (gelöscht)

Open Letter: To my Trump-supporting family.
On the morning of November 9, 2016, the America I knew and loved died. Or rather, I woke that day to discover that it never really existed in the first place.

Let me explain.
I grew up in the Deep South. I was a flag-waving, gun-shooting, red-blooded American boy. I said the Pledge of Allegiance every morning in school, got tingles when I heard the national anthem, and fervently accepted that no other country on the planet could ever come close to the grandeur, freedom, and inspiration that the United States of America offered. We were that City Upon the Hill that was promised to the world – a shining beacon of participatory democracy that everyone else desperately wanted to emulate but could never achieve. We were tough on our allies, but only because we needed to push them to excel and improve. Of course, they’d never quite catch up to us economically, politically, or militarily, but hey, that’s the price of not being the USA. The chants of “USA! USA! USA” weren’t taunts, but merely celebrations of our preeminence. And anyone’s detractions were just signs of their jealousy. Because everybody wanted to be American, right?

I was sold the American dream just like the hundreds of millions of my compatriots. Work hard, pay your dues, and you’ll succeed. No child left behind. All in this together. Pull yourself up by your bootstraps. I joined the Navy and proudly served my country because that’s just what a Southern boy did. There simply was no higher honor than being part of the vanguard protecting democracy from those who would do us harm.

Even after traveling the world with the Navy and learning that, actually, America didn’t hold a monopoly on freedom, I still wasn’t swayed from my categorical resolution that no country was better. No people could be better. America resulted from the failures and lessons learned from every other country’s trials and errors. Mostly errors. But we corrected them all. Where other countries had endured the restrictions of authoritarianism or the unfettered chaos of direct democracy, America perfected the balance with our Constitution and its representative democracy. Sure, we had our own fits-and-starts, which our schools taught – seizure of land and the treatment of Native Americans, the slave trade and oppression of black people, relegation of women to the home – but the America in which I grew up in the 1980s and 1990s had moved past those missteps. Right? Wasn’t America now that happy melting pot teeming with opportunity for all, if only you tried hard enough?

Of course not. But that was how I viewed it. And I’m sure that’s how you still think of America. ....

... Up until November 8, 2016, I genuinely believed that, despite its myriad shortcomings, America was still the country that stood up to bullies. It valued intellect and scientific discovery. Americans may have disagreed on specific policies, but still had faith that public servants genuinely had the country’s best interests at heart. Immigration built this country. And we should always, always protect the innocent and welcome those fleeing poverty, war, or famine with open arms.

But America didn’t elect a leader who represents any of those principles. America didn’t elect a leader with any principles. And you did that. You can say you held your nose and voted for the “lesser of two evils,” or that you only voted for Trump because you knew he’d further the policies with which you agreed, even if you found him personally detestable. But when you and all of the other Trump voters pulled that lever, you weren’t just selecting your preferred presidential candidate. You were selecting what America was. And it is nothing like the America I grew up believing in. To say that your choice and the result it brought about triggered an existential crisis would be an understatement. My whole life, I’d been an unquestioning, patriotic servant of America because of what I’d believed it stood for. But in a single night, everything it stood for was revealed as a fraud. Everything I stood for was a fraud.

So now, two and half years into the alternative reality, I’ve come to grips that this isn’t some insane nightmare. This is reality. And seeing how Trump supporters (yourselves included) have behaved since then, I really was a fool for ever believing America stood for anything else.

I won’t bore you with my journey to “wokeness” or why the things you tolerate literally sicken me. Sexual predator? “They’re not hot enough to sexually assault.” Racist bully? “Fake news.” Uncompassionate bigot? “They should stay in their own damn countries.” Even if I had the capacity and patience to expound on every deviation from the America I thought existed, you wouldn’t care. Why? Because you’ve stopped listening. The rise of Fox News means you’ve stopped reading the papers. And even if you did, you wouldn’t be intrigued or inquisitive about what they say because you’ve bought into the idea that the press is the enemy of the people (except for Fox News and the National Review, which get passes because, well, why?).

You’ve stopped paying attention to anyone who doesn’t agree with your crystallized view of the world. You’re the mosquito of the Reagan era, completely unaware the sap has long hardened around you into amber. And frankly, it’s not even particularly pretty amber. It’s dull, opaque, muffled. You can’t see or hear through it and you don’t want to.

But to be honest with you, I’ve lost all interest in trying to break you free. At first, I really wanted to. I wanted you to understand how the promise of America was broken. I wanted you to see so we could find some way to fix it. But every time I tried, you trotted out some line you heard Trump spew (none of which make any sense whatsoever, by the way) or that some Fox News commentator has conned you into thinking reflects reality. So I’m done.

The America I believed in doesn’t exist. Instead, it’s a different country now, irretrievably. I get a bit melancholy about it sometimes, because promise and hope and opportunity are like political endorphins, and I miss them. And I miss you. I miss having conversations about our lives as though you hadn’t abandoned everything we ever believed in. I miss seeing your smiling faces without having to hold back a political tirade. I miss spending time with you without constantly wondering how you sleep at night knowing what this country is doing to the defenseless.

Surely by now you’ve seen the AP’s recent photo of an El Salvadoran man and his two and a half year-old daughter who drowned as they fled the violence in their home country, hoping to seek asylum in America. They drowned because Trump won’t let them claim asylum at the border entry points. He’s denying them the safety and promise that America used to stand for. Many observers who haven’t yet fully recognized their prior delusions are saying, “This isn’t what we stand for.” But it is. It’s exactly what America stands for.

And that is why I’m done with you and your ilk. We’re still family; you raised me; we share the same blood. But we come from and live in two different countries.
Sincerely,
Matthew
http://mydaughtersarmy.org/open-letter-t...porting-family/

zuletzt bearbeitet 01.07.2019 18:36 | nach oben springen

in Redakteure/Politiker/Parteien 01.07.2019 19:14
von Willie (gelöscht)

Farmers turn to prisons to fill labor needs
With immigration numbers low, the agriculture industry looks to another form of disenfranchised workers.

Prison inmates are picking fruits and vegetables at a rate not seen since Jim Crow.

Convict leasing for agriculture – a system that allows states to sell prison labor to private farms – became infamous in the late 1800s for the brutal conditions it imposed on captive, mostly black workers.

Federal and state laws prohibited convict leasing for most of the 20th century, but the once-notorious practice is making a comeback.
Under lucrative arrangements, states are increasingly leasing prisoners to private corporations to harvest food for American consumers.
https://www.hcn.org/articles/agriculture...32BoRg1XABS_iZU

Fast wie Nord Korea. Es wird.

nach oben springen

in Redakteure/Politiker/Parteien 01.07.2019 23:08
von Willie (gelöscht)

Those U.S. Jobs Revisions Are Hard to Ignore
The way payroll growth has been trending, the economy may be on the cusp of a recession, if not already in one.

Employment is no doubt the best indicator of the recession I’ve been forecasting. The recent deceleration in U.S. jobs growth suggest that the business downturn may already be underway.

In terms of timeliness, payroll employment is superior among major economic statistics since it is monthly, not quarterly, and reported early, generally on the first Friday of the month for data covering the prior month. This also means that revisions are made relatively soon. And downward revisions are highly important at business cycle peaks.

https://www.bloomberg.com/opinion/articl...be-in-recession

nach oben springen

in Redakteure/Politiker/Parteien 01.07.2019 23:12
von Nadine | 3.633 Beiträge

Ich finde Trump gar nicht so schlecht. Über den Stil lässt es sich streiten.

nach oben springen

in Redakteure/Politiker/Parteien 02.07.2019 00:11

Habe heute "Vice" gesehen - einen Film über Dick Cheney mit Christian Bale in der Hauptrolle. Meine Güte, wenn man bedenkt, welche Verbrechen gegen die Menschlichkeit diese Truppe im Weißen Haus unter Cheneys Führung begangen hat und man sie mit den Lächerlichkeiten vergleicht, die man Trump vorwirft (Stillosigkeit - okay manchmal, collusion with Russia - widerlegt, Amtsmissbrauch - nicht belegt, Korruption im Amt - nicht belegt, die Nichtveröffentlichung seiner Steuererklärung - sein gutes Recht)...

Bis jetzt ist Trump der erste Präsident seit Jimmy Carter, der keinen neuen Krieg begonnen hat.

nach oben springen

in Redakteure/Politiker/Parteien 02.07.2019 00:57
von Willie (gelöscht)

Zitat von Maga-neu im Beitrag #7291
Habe heute "Vice" gesehen - einen Film über Dick Cheney mit Christian Bale in der Hauptrolle. Meine Güte, wenn man bedenkt, welche Verbrechen gegen die Menschlichkeit diese Truppe im Weißen Haus unter Cheneys Führung begangen hat und man sie mit den Lächerlichkeiten vergleicht, die man Trump vorwirft (Stillosigkeit - okay manchmal, collusion with Russia - widerlegt, Amtsmissbrauch - nicht belegt, Korruption im Amt - nicht belegt, die Nichtveröffentlichung seiner Steuererklärung - sein gutes Recht)...

Bis jetzt ist Trump der erste Präsident seit Jimmy Carter, der keinen neuen Krieg begonnen hat.

trumski mit Cheney relativieren zu wollen -das hat schon was. Mancher Leute Wahrnehmung just blows my mind. 😂

nach oben springen

in Redakteure/Politiker/Parteien 02.07.2019 06:25

Zitat von Willie im Beitrag #7292
Mancher Leute Wahrnehmung just blows my mind. [/blau]😂
Dito.

nach oben springen

in Redakteure/Politiker/Parteien 02.07.2019 07:01
von Leto_II. | 27.837 Beiträge

Zitat von Willie im Beitrag #7292
Zitat von Maga-neu im Beitrag #7291

trumski mit Cheney relativieren zu wollen -das hat schon was. Mancher Leute Wahrnehmung just blows my mind. 😂

Man müsste ihn eher mit Bush jr. vergleichen, klar. Trump scheint seinen Laden besser im Griff zu haben, Bush war eher im Griff. Trump lässt Bolton Kreide fressen.

nach oben springen

in Redakteure/Politiker/Parteien 02.07.2019 07:30

Zitat von Leto_II. im Beitrag #7294

Man müsste ihn eher mit Bush jr. vergleichen, klar.

Nur des Amtes wegen.

nach oben springen

in Redakteure/Politiker/Parteien 02.07.2019 14:45
von Willie (gelöscht)
nach oben springen

in Redakteure/Politiker/Parteien 02.07.2019 15:06
von Willie (gelöscht)

Mehr zu Trump-KZs:

Jewish Activists Who Slammed ICE Detention Facilities as 'Concentration Camps' Arrested for Protesting
More than 100 Jews gathered outside facility under slogan 'Never Again,' calling to abolish of ICE and for the closure of migrant detention facilities

More than a 100 gathered outside the facility under the slogan “Never Again," calling to abolish of ICE and for the closure of migrant detention facilities, which they deemed “concentration camps," a term that has sparked much controversy after Democratic Congresswoman Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez used it last week to describe the centers.

“As Jews, we’ve been taught to never let anything like the Holocaust happen again,” the group wrote on its Facebook page. “Now, with children detained in unacceptable conditions, ICE raids targeting our communities, and people dying at the border while seeking safety in the U.S., we are seeing the signs of a mass atrocity. We refuse to wait and see what happens next.”
https://www.haaretz.com/us-news/.premium...8pYEPVPmRCCsM_8

zuletzt bearbeitet 02.07.2019 15:07 | nach oben springen

in Redakteure/Politiker/Parteien 02.07.2019 15:14
von Willie (gelöscht)

Border Patrol Agents Have a Secret Facebook Group, Where Racism and Sexism Prevail
“This isn’t about ‘a few bad eggs,’” Rep. Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez responded. “This is a violent culture.”

Current and former Border Patrol agents, who are responsible in part for detaining people who enter the US illegally, have displayed shocking callousness toward immigrants and women in a secret Facebook page with roughly 9,500 members.

Amid a national discussion about the inhumane treatment of migrants at the US–Mexico border, the Facebook page provides insight into the mindset of those who are employed to secure the border. The page shows “a pervasive culture of cruelty aimed at immigrants within CBP,” Daniel Martinez, a sociologist at the University of Arizona in Tucson told ProPublica. “This isn’t just a few rogue agents or ‘bad apples.’”
https://www.motherjones.com/politics/201...FETwcnpOIN2fEcc

An willigen Moechtegern-Einsatzgruppen hat es einem moerderischen Regime noch nie gemangelt. Nicht beim Hitler, nicht beim Stalin, nicht beim Mao und allen anderen. Selbst beim Netanyahu nicht.
Und so natuerlich auch beim trumski nicht.

Gleiches gilt fuer Nachlaeufer, Propagandaverbreiter und Entschulder.

zuletzt bearbeitet 02.07.2019 15:16 | nach oben springen

in Redakteure/Politiker/Parteien 02.07.2019 15:19
von Willie (gelöscht)

Trump and the National Debt
Instead of Eliminating the Debt, Trump Will Add $8.3 Trillion

During the 2016 presidential campaign, Republican candidate Donald Trump promised he would eliminate the nation’s debt in eight years. Instead, his budgets would add $9.1 trillion during that time. It would increase the U.S. debt to $29 trillion according to Trump's
https://www.thebalance.com/trump-plans-t...qvvjyWwt8n5uzUI

nach oben springen

in Redakteure/Politiker/Parteien 02.07.2019 22:12

Der narzisstische, malignante, faschistische, strohdumme, senile Lügenbaron von trumski spricht darüber, wie er die Obdachlosigkeit zu bekämpfen gedenkt...

Warum hören wir dergleichen nicht von der in Harvard bejubelten Pastorentochter, die mit ihren frommen Worten seit 14 Jahren dieses Land regiert - falls man das regieren nennen kann...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mtYatlsv86k

zuletzt bearbeitet 02.07.2019 22:12 | nach oben springen

Besucher

Wir begrüßen unser neuestes Mitglied: Corto
Besucherzähler
Heute waren 300 Gäste und 6 Mitglieder online.

Forum Statistiken
Das Forum hat 1450 Themen und 323746 Beiträge.

Heute waren 6 Mitglieder Online:
Indo_HS, Landegaard, Leto_II., Maga-neu, nahal, Nante

Xobor Einfach ein eigenes Forum erstellen