RE: Trump

in Redakteure/Politiker/Parteien 24.06.2019 14:36
von Willie (gelöscht)

Trump admin's 'tent cities' cost more than keeping migrant kids with parents
Separating migrant kids from their parents will cost the administration more than placing them in permanent structures or keeping them with their parents.

The cost of holding migrant children who have been separated from their parents in newly created "tent cities" is $775 per person per night, according to an official at the Department of Health and Human Services — far higher than the cost of keeping children with their parents in detention centers or holding them in more permanent buildings.

The reason for the high cost, the official and several former officials told NBC News, is that the sudden urgency to bring in security, air conditioning, medical workers and other government contractors far surpasses the cost for structures that are routinely staffed.

It costs $256 per person per night to hold children in permanent HHS facilities like Casa Padre in Brownsville, Texas. And keeping children with their parents in detention centers like the one run by U.S. Customs and Immigration Enforcement in Dilley, Texas cost $298 per resident per night, according to an agency estimate when it awarded the contract for the facility in 2014.

At those prices, the additional cost to operate a 400-bed temporary structure for one month at capacity would be more than $5 million. The average stay for separated kids is nearly two months.

The Trump administration announced its zero tolerance policy in April. Adults crossing between border checkpoints are criminally charged, and children traveling with them are separated and placed in temporary shelters. Prior to zero tolerance, children and parents were kept together in ICE detention facilities for a maximum of 20 days before they were released with ankle monitors to await their court hearing.
https://www.nbcnews.com/storyline/immigr...osam&stream=top

Das war letztes Jahr. Und es zeigt klar dass es nicht um Kosten geht, sondern um quaelen. Um Grausamkeit. Gegen Kinder und ihre Eltern. Als ein "means of deterrence". So ausgedacht bei dem grossen Experten Miller und seinem Boss, dem malignanten Narzissten im Weissen Haus.

Und es geht natuerlich um Profite der Betreiber. An denen trumski's ehemaliger Stabschef nun auch gleich mitverdient.

nach oben springen

in Redakteure/Politiker/Parteien 24.06.2019 14:37
von Willie (gelöscht)

Critics deplore this migrant shelter. Its operator just got a huge, hush-hush no-bid deal.
The Homestead shelter for unaccompanied migrant children has been shrouded in secrecy and cloaked in controversy from the moment it was reactivated in February 2018. Lawmakers scornful of President Trump’s immigration policies have been blocked from visiting. Because it sits on federal land, Florida’s child welfare agency is barred from investigating allegations of abuse.

Rather than close it, as activists have demanded, the feds just gave the operator, Comprehensive Health Services, a brand new contract — one worth $341 million.

There was no competitive bidding and it happened under the radar.
https://amp.miamiherald.com/news/local/i...impression=true

Profitieren am Leid von Kindern.

zuletzt bearbeitet 24.06.2019 14:39 | nach oben springen

in Redakteure/Politiker/Parteien 24.06.2019 14:58
von Willie (gelöscht)

Sheldon Chang@sheldonchang
Charging tax payers $775/day for the bed in tent cities for the separated migrant kids, yet DHS can't afford the tooth brush/paste, soap, beds&bedding for the kids and feed them with undefrosted food, some ppl must be making a killing.
4:09 PM - 21 Jun 2019

DevinNunesMissingCojones@DevinCojones
I'm surprised they're not being caged in one of Chairman Mayo's hotels, at $500-$1000 a night like he softballs the Saudis.
Just one more likely example of republi-crites' Privatization Gluttony.
Think "kickbacks to a corrupt condo board" on a Federal level.
6:36 PM - 22 Jun 2019

nach oben springen

in Redakteure/Politiker/Parteien 24.06.2019 15:05
von Willie (gelöscht)

‘Zero-tolerance’ immigration policy is big money for contractors, nonprofits

A subsidiary of the Tennessee-based company donated $250,000 toward Trump’s inaugural festivities last year.
Another $250,000 Trump inaugural donor — GEO Group — is the country’s largest for-profit prison operator and a multimillion-dollar beneficiary of the administration’s aggressive immigration policy.
The Florida-based company and its subsidiaries, which also gave $225,000 to a pro-Trump super PAC during the 2016 presidential election, have been paid $560 million over the last two fiscal years for contracts they hold with ICE.
GEO Group and its subsidiaries oversee a number of ICE detention facilities and have aggressively lobbied to secure contracts and influence the nation’s immigration policy. In 2017, the company spent $1.7 million on lobbying, the highest amount on record for a private prison contractor.
Aside from lobbying, the company has a prolific political action committee and a number of big-donor employees. So far in 2018, the company’s PAC and employees have contributed $727,000 to candidates — a total that is on track to continue the upward contribution trend.
https://www.opensecrets.org/news/2018/06...ors-nonprofits/

nach oben springen

in Redakteure/Politiker/Parteien 24.06.2019 15:25
von Willie (gelöscht)

Trump administration still separating hundreds of migrant children at the border through often questionable claims of danger
The 4-year-old sat in the defendant’s chair in front of a Michigan immigration judge last month, her chubby legs dangling inches from the floor. She chatted with the jurist through an interpreter about Rapunzel. Then, as she had practiced with her lawyer, she said she wanted to be with her father, who was 1,600 miles away in a Laredo federal detention center and about to be deported to El Salvador.

Father and daughter had not seen each other since March, when federal immigration agents took Briana after detaining them together for about eight days in an overcrowded Border Patrol processing center in McAllen. The agents told 23-year-old Wilber Castillo that his child would go to a cousin in California, but when he desperately called the relative, Briana wasn’t there. No one could tell him where she was. ...
https://www.houstonchronicle.com/news/ho...of-14029494.php

zuletzt bearbeitet 24.06.2019 16:07 | nach oben springen

in Redakteure/Politiker/Parteien 24.06.2019 16:22
von nahal | 24.451 Beiträge

Those photos of immigrant children “caged” by the US? They’re from 2014

https://qz.com/1291470/photos-immigrant-...center-in-2014/

2014 ?

War nicht da noch der Urenkel Messiahs Präsident?

nach oben springen

in Redakteure/Politiker/Parteien 24.06.2019 16:38
von Willie (gelöscht)

Bill Kristol@BillKristol
Just saying: For the increased cost of Trump's butting into the already fine July 4th celebration in D.C., we could provide decent and sanitary conditions for children at the border.
7:55 AM - 22 Jun 2019

nach oben springen

in Redakteure/Politiker/Parteien 24.06.2019 16:41
von Willie (gelöscht)

Zitat von nahal im Beitrag #7131

2014 ?

The Belief That Trump Is a Messiah Is Rampant and Dangerous
When a leader is seen as infallible, supporters become disciples.

... As a cognitive psychology researcher who has been writing about the science underlying Trump’s unshakable support since he began his presidential campaign, I have learned—through comments, emails, and discussion forums—that a significant portion of his supporters literally believe the president was an answer to their prayers. He is regarded as something of a messiah, sent by God to protect a Christian nation.
https://www.psychologytoday.com/us/blog/...hmoIlxMROU9Dypc

Holocaust Survivor: Trump Is the Emissary of the Messiah
posted by Rush Limbaugh - Feb 27, 2019

CALLER: I believe that Donald Trump, President Donald Trump, is the emissary of The Messiah. I, being Jewish... I'm not religious, but I don't believe in The Messiah. The Jews are waiting for The Messiah for the past 5,000 years. The Christians are waiting for The Messiah for the past 2,000 years. And how many people came alive and passed away and did not see or hear from The Messiah? Therefore, I don't believe it. But yet, President Donald Trump is the emissary. He came now to this time --

RUSH: I don't... (crosstalk) No, no, no, no. I don't mean that. I mean if somebody showed up and claimed to be The Messiah and we assume would have ways of proving it, would he be believed -- or she? I will guaran-damn-tee you, no way. The Democrat Party would be the first group trying to undermine whoever The Messiah is, and all their various constituency groups, 'cause there's no way the Christians could be right, and then...
https://news.iheart.com/featured/rush-li...of-the-messiah/

The Trump-King David Connection And How It Connects With Abraham’s Covenant
An event held directly over King David’s burial site was the turning point in US President Donald Trump’s campaign and may be the key to understanding his come-from-behind victory as well as his role in the future of David’s city and the Messianic Era.

Rabbi Yosef Berger, the rabbi of King David’s Tomb on Mount Zion, attended the fateful event almost two years ago and believes that it connected the presidential campaign with King David, bringing about Trump’s victory.

“King David also had to overcome great opposition in order to establish his kingship,” Rabbi Berger told Breaking Israel News. “Trump connected to that. This cycle was completed when the president recognized Jerusalem as the true capital of the Jewish People, just as King David did.”
https://www.breakingisraelnews.com/10823...ahams-covenant/

‘The Trump Prophecy’ includes troubling parallels for American democracy
This week witnessed the release of the Liberty University-produced film “The Trump Prophecy,” in which it is claimed that Donald Trump’s election in 2016 can be attributed to divine intervention.

It is striking enough that the evangelical Christian leaders who supported the film believe they are in a position to discern and proclaim God’s will. This is some serious chutzpah — a word, and concept, apparently unknown to those who made the film.

At the heart of the movie, however, is a particular claim that Trump is the King Cyrus of our times.
https://religionnews.com/2018/10/04/the-...ican-democracy/

Soviel vorab fuer den Club der Dummschwafeler und Kinderquaeler-Verteidiger.

zuletzt bearbeitet 24.06.2019 16:54 | nach oben springen

in Redakteure/Politiker/Parteien 24.06.2019 17:06
von Maga-neu | 35.163 Beiträge

Zitat von Willie im Beitrag #7132
Bill Kristol@BillKristol
Just saying: For the increased cost of Trump's butting into the already fine July 4th celebration in D.C., we could provide decent and sanitary conditions for children at the border.
7:55 AM - 22 Jun 2019
Haha, for the increased cost of Trump's butting into the already fine July 4th celebration in D.C., we could start a nice war against Iran or against Russia or against both. Bill Kristol

zuletzt bearbeitet 24.06.2019 17:06 | nach oben springen

in Redakteure/Politiker/Parteien 24.06.2019 17:10

Zitat von Willie im Beitrag #7133

2014 ?

... As a cognitive psychology researcher who has been writing about the science underlying Trump’s unshakable support since he began his presidential campaign, I have learned—through comments, emails, and discussion forums—that a significant portion of his supporters literally believe the president was an answer to their prayers. He is regarded as something of a messiah, sent by God to protect a Christian nation.

CALLER: I believe that Donald Trump, President Donald Trump, is the emissary of The Messiah. I, being Jewish... I'm not religious, but I don't believe in The Messiah. The Jews are waiting for The Messiah for the past 5,000 years. The Christians are waiting for The Messiah for the past 2,000 years. And how many people came alive and passed away and did not see or hear from The Messiah? Therefore, I don't believe it. But yet, President Donald Trump is the emissary. He came now to this time --

RUSH: I don't... (crosstalk) No, no, no, no. I don't mean that. I mean if somebody showed up and claimed to be The Messiah and we assume would have ways of proving it, would he be believed -- or she? I will guaran-damn-tee you, no way. The Democrat Party would be the first group trying to undermine whoever The Messiah is, and all their various constituency groups, 'cause there's no way the Christians could be right, and then...

An event held directly over King David’s burial site was the turning point in US President Donald Trump’s campaign and may be the key to understanding his come-from-behind victory as well as his role in the future of David’s city and the Messianic Era.

Rabbi Yosef Berger, the rabbi of King David’s Tomb on Mount Zion, attended the fateful event almost two years ago and believes that it connected the presidential campaign with King David, bringing about Trump’s victory.

“King David also had to overcome great opposition in order to establish his kingship,” Rabbi Berger told Breaking Israel News. “Trump connected to that. This cycle was completed when the president recognized Jerusalem as the true capital of the Jewish People, just as King David did.”

This week witnessed the release of the Liberty University-produced film “The Trump Prophecy,” in which it is claimed that Donald Trump’s election in 2016 can be attributed to divine intervention.

It is striking enough that the evangelical Christian leaders who supported the film believe they are in a position to discern and proclaim God’s will. This is some serious chutzpah — a word, and concept, apparently unknown to those who made the film.

At the heart of the movie, however, is a particular claim that Trump is the King Cyrus of our times.

btw, it wasn't Trump who promised to heal the planet. Trump was more modest and promised only to be the greatest job-President God ever created. Maybe he is...

nach oben springen

in Redakteure/Politiker/Parteien 24.06.2019 17:24
von Hans Bergman | 23.327 Beiträge

Zitat von Leto_II. im Beitrag #7123
...Das soll die Mängel erklären?
Die Frage über allem ist die: Wer bringt diese Leute und diese Kinder in diese Lage?
Antwort: Sie selber. Punkt.

nach oben springen

in Redakteure/Politiker/Parteien 24.06.2019 17:26
von Willie (gelöscht)

Zitat von Hans Bergman im Beitrag #7136
Die Frage über allem ist die: Wer bringt diese Leute und diese Kinder in diese Lage?

Na, dann duerfen ja munter Kinder gequaelt werden. Sarksamus aus.

zuletzt bearbeitet 24.06.2019 17:46 | nach oben springen

in Redakteure/Politiker/Parteien 24.06.2019 17:28
von Willie (gelöscht)

Zitat von Maga-neu im Beitrag #7135
Zitat von Willie im Beitrag #7133

2014 ?

btw, it wasn't Trump who promised to heal the planet. Trump was more modest and promised only to be the greatest job-President God ever created. Maybe he is...

Ach ja, deine Delusions wieder. Kinderquaeler-Verteidiger.

nach oben springen

in Redakteure/Politiker/Parteien 24.06.2019 17:36
von Willie (gelöscht)

Exclusive: Leaked Trump vetting docs
Nearly 100 internal Trump transition vetting documents leaked to "Axios on HBO" identify a host of "red flags" about officials who went on to get some of the most powerful jobs in the U.S. government.

Why it matters: The massive trove, and the story behind it, sheds light on the slap-dash way President Trump filled his cabinet and administration, and foreshadowed future scandals that beset his government. ...

One red flag for Gen. David Petraeus, who was under consideration for Secretary of State and National Security Adviser: "Petraeus Is Opposed to Torture."

https://www.axios.com/leaked-donald-trum...ampaign=organic

Das besagt bereits alles: Quaeler sein ist Bedingung.

zuletzt bearbeitet 24.06.2019 17:36 | nach oben springen

in Redakteure/Politiker/Parteien 24.06.2019 17:55
von Leto_II. | 27.808 Beiträge

Zitat von Hans Bergman im Beitrag #7136

Genau, Kleinkinder sind selber schuld. Was rauchst Du?

nach oben springen

in Redakteure/Politiker/Parteien 24.06.2019 18:04
von Willie (gelöscht)

Kyle Griffin@kylegriffin1
You should read this whole New Yorker piece about the conditions at Border Patrol facilities in Texas, but if you can't read the whole thing, at least read this paragraph:

"...So, on Wednesday, we received reports from children of a lice outbreak in one of the cells where there were about twenty-five children, and what they told us is that six of the children were found to have lice. And so they were given a lice shampoo, and the other children were given two combs and told to share those two combs, two lice combs, and brush their hair with the same combs, which is something you never do with a lice outbreak. And then what happened was one of the combs was lost, and Border Patrol agents got so mad that they took away the children’s blankets and mats. They weren’t allowed to sleep on the beds, and they had to sleep on the floor on Wednesday night as punishment for losing the comb. So you had a whole cell full of kids who had beds and mats at one point, not for everybody but for most of them, who were forced to sleep on the cement. ..."
2:10 PM - 22 Jun 2019

Adam Rifkin 🐼@ifindkarma
Every time I read the paragraph about lice that Kyle includes, I think of Anne Frank and typhus.
10:27 PM - 23 Jun 2019

Kristin Mink@KristinMinkDC
A reminder that Anne Frank didn’t die in gas chambers.
She died from sickness due to unsanitary conditions, specifically typhus — a disease spread by lice.
12:25 AM - 23 Jun 2019

nach oben springen

in Redakteure/Politiker/Parteien 24.06.2019 18:08
von Willie (gelöscht)

"...So, in any event, the children told us that nobody’s taking care of them, so that basically the older children are trying to take care of the younger children. The guards are asking the younger children or the older children, “Who wants to take care of this little boy? Who wants to take of this little girl?” and they’ll bring in a two-year-old, a three-year-old, a four-year-old. And then the littlest kids are expected to be taken care of by the older kids, but then some of the oldest children lose interest in it, and little children get handed off to other children. And sometimes we hear about the littlest children being alone by themselves on the floor. ..."

https://www.newyorker.com/news/q-and-a/i...igrant-children

nach oben springen

in Redakteure/Politiker/Parteien 24.06.2019 18:16

Zitat von Willie im Beitrag #7138

Es ist faszinierend, dabei zuzusehen, wie du mit jedem Tag fanatischer wirst.

nach oben springen

in Redakteure/Politiker/Parteien 24.06.2019 18:42
von ghassan (gelöscht)

Zitat von Leto_II. im Beitrag #7113
No, denn es gab Konzentrationslager in verschiedenen Abstufungen. Das hier ist Stufe 1.

Der Vergleich mit Konzentrationslagern ist absolut nicht gerechtfertigt.
Konnte man sich im dritten Reich aus den "Lagern der Stufe 1" auch jederzeit selbst entlassen?

Abgesehen davon war ich in den Achtzigern in D. im Knast und wenn wir wollen, können wir gerne über die Gemeinsamkeiten zwischen Knast und "Lagern der Stufe 1" diskutieren, die es ohne Zweifel gab und gibt.

PS. In den Siebzigern war ich in einem Heim für Schwererziehbare (damals gab es noch kein ADHS ). Auch wenn ich wetten würde, dass es etliche Parallelen zu "Lagern der Stufe 2" gab, käme ich nie auf die Idee es als Konzentrationslager zu bezeichnen.

zuletzt bearbeitet 24.06.2019 18:47 | nach oben springen

in Redakteure/Politiker/Parteien 24.06.2019 18:45
von Leto_II. | 27.808 Beiträge

Zitat von ghassan im Beitrag #7144
Zitat von Leto_II. im Beitrag #7113
No, denn es gab Konzentrationslager in verschiedenen Abstufungen. Das hier ist Stufe 1.

Der Vergleich mit Konzentrationslagern ist absolut nicht gerechtfertigt.
Konnte man sich im dritten Reich aus den "Lagern der Stufe 1" auch jederzeit selbst entlassen?

Abgesehen davon war ich in den achtzigern in D. im Knast und wenn wir wollen, können wir gerne über die Gemeinsamkeiten zwischen Knast und "Lagern der Stufe 1" diskutieren, die es ohne Zweifel gab und gibt.

Ach so, die Kinder können sich selbst jederzeit entlassen. Bekommt Euch das Wetter nicht?

zuletzt bearbeitet 24.06.2019 18:46 | nach oben springen

in Redakteure/Politiker/Parteien 24.06.2019 18:51
von ghassan (gelöscht)

Zitat von Leto_II. im Beitrag #7145

Ach so, die Kinder können sich selbst jederzeit entlassen. Bekommt Euch das Wetter nicht?

Die Kinder nicht, aber die Eltern, die ihre Kinder in diese Situation gebracht haben.

Und ja das Wetter bekommt mir nicht.

nach oben springen

in Redakteure/Politiker/Parteien 24.06.2019 18:56
von Willie (gelöscht)

Isuelt@Isuelt74
The law states that children shouldn’t be held in squalor.
The law states that the abuse and/or torture of children is illegal.
The US government and ICE is blatantly violating the law and you are focusing on how they got here.
BTW requesting asylum isn’t illegal.
5:29 AM - 24 Jun 2019

nach oben springen

in Redakteure/Politiker/Parteien 24.06.2019 18:59
von Willie (gelöscht)

Zitat von Maga-neu im Beitrag #7143

Es ist faszinierend, dabei zuzusehen, wie du mit jedem Tag fanatischer wirst.

Ich akzeptiere keine Delusions und verteidige keine Kinderquaeler.

https://scontent-ort2-1.xx.fbcdn.net/v/t...c05&oe=5D80AFB9

zuletzt bearbeitet 24.06.2019 20:16 | nach oben springen

in Redakteure/Politiker/Parteien 24.06.2019 20:39

Zitat von Leto_II. im Beitrag #7145
Mir bekommt das Wetter. Von mir aus können wir von Gefängnissen sprechen.

nach oben springen

in Redakteure/Politiker/Parteien 24.06.2019 21:58
von ghassan (gelöscht)

Ich akzeptiere keine Delusions und verteidige keine Kinderquaeler.

Ob die verstümmelten Kinder von Obamas Drohnenkrieg weniger gequält sind, wage ich zu bezweifeln.

zuletzt bearbeitet 24.06.2019 22:04 | nach oben springen

Besucher

Wir begrüßen unser neuestes Mitglied: Corto
Besucherzähler
Heute waren 362 Gäste und 4 Mitglieder online.

Forum Statistiken
Das Forum hat 1450 Themen und 323550 Beiträge.

Heute waren 4 Mitglieder Online:
Landegaard, Maga-neu, mbockstette, nahal

Xobor Einfach ein eigenes Forum erstellen